Exclusively Faces Cosmetic Surgery
Winchester, Virginia 22601
Dr. Matthew Karen
About Exclusively Faces Cosmetic Surgery and MediSpa
Exclusively Faces Cosmetic Surgery and MediSpa is the premier surgical center for facial rejuvenation and hair restoration for men and women in the Charlestown, Martinsburg, Leesburg, and Harrisburg region. Dr. Matthew Karen designed a facility where patients feel relaxed and comfortable in an inviting and calming setting. Much attention has been paid to detail at Exclusively Faces. Private waiting areas, luxurious locker room facilities, state of the art treatment rooms and an in-office surgical suite meet your needs for privacy, comfort and convenience.
Our goal is that you become more confident and knowledgeable about cosmetic procedures and treatment and the benefits they can provide.
During your initial consultation, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Matthew Karen will talk with you about your goals and expectations, presenting you with his recommendations for the best treatment options available. Dr. Karen favors natural results and works with you to make sure your expectations are realistic and that you understand the procedures and options.
Exclusively Faces uses computerized facial imaging and color photography to evaluate your aesthetic concerns. By doing that you and Dr. Karen can decide together on the most beneficial treatment. This is helpful in planning your surgical procedures, and the photos become a part of a before-and-after comparison.
About Dr. Matthew Karen
Dr. Karen is board certified in facial, plastic and reconstructive surgery. He received his certification from the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is also board certified in otolaryngology.
Dr. Karen completed his medical degree at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, N.Y. He spent two years as a surgical resident, and then went on to complete a four-year otolaryngology (ENT) residency at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, N.Y.
After completing his residency, Dr. Karen was accepted to a highly competitive fellowship under the tutelage of Dr. Fred Stucker, a world-renowned rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgeon.
- July 2000 – June 2001: Fellowship American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Preceptor, Dr. Fred Stucker, Chairman LSU Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- July 1995 – June 1999: Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Columbia – Presbyterian Medical Center Residency.
- July 1994 – June 1995: Department Of Surgery of Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- June 1993 – June 1994: Department of Surgery
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center Internship
- May 1993: State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse College Of Medicine, Syracuse, NY
Doctor of Medicine
Rank: Upper 10% (Class #148)
- May 1989: Binghamton University, Binghamton NY
Bachelor of Arts
Dr. Matthew Karen was awarded:
– Chemistry, History Minor
– “Outstanding Academic Performance”
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 2003
- American Academy of Facial Plastics / And Reconstructive Surgery, 1999 to present
- American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 1989 to present
- Medical Director: Exclusively Faces Cosmetic Surgery and Medispa
- Attending Surgeon: Winchester Medical Center
- Former Board President, The Laurel Center
- Committee member, Winchester Country Club